Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12612) Different city name styles

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12612) Different city name styles
From: "Raimar Falke" <i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 22:15:40 -0800

Hello

The FTWL client had a feature to draw the city name and production
text depending on the city size. I use the past here since the drawing
code was moved to common code (which is a good thing). However the
common code doesn't support it.

The FTWL client supported all normal FTWL string attributes. These
are:
 - font name
 - font size
 - foreground and background color
 - antialias or not
 - outline with and color
 - text transformation (you can uppercase a city name for example)

We have 3 options:
 1) don't change the current situation
 2) enable clients to do the drawing by themselves again if they want
 3) add these features to the common code

3) is preferred but also have the biggest requirements. For example
how is the font name specified? Do all of our clients support freetype
so that we can pass a freetype font name in?

        Raimar

--
 email: i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Microsoft does have a year 2000 problem. I'm part of it. I'm running Linux.