Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12498) bug in saved games in latest cvs version (March

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12498) bug in saved games in latest cvs version (March 12, 2005)
From: "Bert Bert" <xbertje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 05:46:17 -0800

Hi,

since about two days I encounter the following bug/crash in
the freeciv CVS development version.
I start freeciv with the following settings:
/set aifill 10
/set endyear 5000
/set spacerace 0
/set saveturns 1
/normal

If I reload saved games after a server crash, then I find that
several of the last saved games do not load, but crash with
the following error message:

This is the server for Freeciv version 2.0.99-devel
You can learn a lot about Freeciv at http://www.freeciv.org/
civserver: distribute.c:118: distribute: Assertion `number == 0' failed.
Aborted

I have two saved games attached for which the server itself
crashed in the year 1530. The last saved game that loads correctly
was civgame+1470.sav.gz, and from civgame+1480.sav.gz
on a command like civserver --file civgame+1480.sav.gz
causes the crash mentioned above.

This bug is reproducible when playing the game for some
time using the cvs version. The first time I notice this bug was
on March 11, 2005.

The game was compiled on a FC3 with all the latest updates
installed and using
./autogen.sh --disable-nls --mandir=/usr/local/share/man
in the download cvs directory.

Best regards,

Bert