Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12490) Watchtower patch

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12490) Watchtower patch
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 09:05:41 -0800

Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> This patch simplies and enables the watchtower rules.
>
> CHANGES:
>  - Moved watchtower options from server options to terrain ruleset
>  - Removed the 'wtowervision' option.
>  - Set default 'wtowerevision' to 2. This increases the vision range of
> any ground unit in a fortress by 2.
>  - Simplified the code, and increased max 'wtowerevision' from 2 to 4.
>
> This change might make fortresses somewhat useful.

1.  Why terrain.ruleset?  Should be units.ruleset I would think.

2.  A problem I've always had with fortress evision is that fortresses
are basically the same as city walls, but the evision doesn't apply in
city walls.  Should we change this so that evision DOES apply with city
walls?  (Yeah this isn't directly related, just a side note.)

-jason