Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12461) ft tileset v2.1a

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12461) ft tileset v2.1a
From: "Franz Mach" <franzmach@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 13:05:39 -0800

--- Jason Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just a couple comments - these basically apply to
> all non-default tilesets.
>
> 1.  I put all the tilesets into CVS.  Currently
> they're in freeciv-test
> (http://freeciv-test.sf.net) but may be moved into
> cvs.freeciv.org at
> some point.  Either way, you should be given commit
> access and should
> put your work directly into CVS there.  I can give
> you freeciv-test
> commit access if you'll e-mail me your sourceforge
> username (this goes
> for all tileset authors; see http://sf.net/).

my sourceforge username is
lagislazuli

> 2.  Tileset version numbers are a bit tricky.  IMO
> it is best to be
> consistent and number the tileset after the version
> of freeciv it's
> compatible with.  Freeciv 2.1 will not be compatible
> with freeciv 2.0 so
> calling your tileset FT-2.0.5 would be better than
> calling it FT-2.1.
> Then the 2.1-compatible version can be called
> FT-2.1.0.

ok, thanks for the info ...i'll rename the ft-2.1 to
2.0.4 and the latest ft-2.1a to 2.0.5 :)
i just followed the tileset instructions from the
README in the incoming ftp-directory (i think that
should be updated)

> 3.  Did you base your work off of the "updated" 2.0
> version of the
> tileset?  If so you should know that this update was
> done very quickly
> so there may have been errors.  However I also fixed
> some unrelated
> problems like the mis-numbering of the explosion
> sprites (I think this
> was in FT).

i used different sources as the updated 2.0.3 version,
a non-public version that i used for myself with
Freeciv 1.14 (the public 1.0 and 1.1 versions were
made only for Freeciv 1.13) and some stuff i found in
the Freeciv forum and graphics from the r-hires
tileset.
a complete changelog is available here in the README
http://www.uliq.net/downloads/freeciv/ft/ft-2.0/README
or in my thread on the Freeciv forums
http://forum.freeciv.org/viewtopic.php?t=732
...the version numbers are already changed ;)

best regards,
Franz

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 250MB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden:
http://mail.yahoo.de