Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12452) request for enhancement (FreeCiv 1.14.2), p

To: veiselein@xxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12452) request for enhancement (FreeCiv 1.14.2), production of units should allow definition of a destination of the units
From: "Thomas.Strub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Thomas.Strub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 05:09:11 -0800

Zitat von Volker Eiselein <veiselein@xxxxxx>:

> Hello Freeciv-Community,
>
> I would like to ask for an enhancement of the production menu in Freeciv
> 1.14.2. If you are attacking always in the same region of the world and
> need your units always there it would be really great to add a
> possibility to send them there just after production. Maybe it is
> possible to add a pull down menu where you can define a city where to
> send the unit. A special map where you choose the destination would
> probably be too big. Is there any possibility to see this feature in
> v2.0 or has there already been a feature freeze? Thanks in advance!
> Freeciv is a really great game.

I can remember that feature was in empire deluxe.

Menu on map for
  New
  All
  (Veteran)
            Land
            Air
            Water
                  Units

I really liked that feature.
But it is important in freeciv that there is no infinite Loop (units on railway)

Your chances that someone will implement it in 1.14.2 are small. And it won't go
in 2.0. But when there is a patch people will apply it manually and it will go
in the next client version. The step from 2.0 to the next minor release will be
smaller than it was to 2.0.

Thomas