Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12272) President of the World

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12272) President of the World
From: "Lo'oris" <looris-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:45:23 -0800

Il giorno 16/feb/05, alle 20:30, Jason Short ha scritto:

> In the one game of civ3 I played, I was easily winning militarily so I
> decided to invoke the global diplomatic meeting (or whatever it was).
> One of the other leaders was elected winner and the game ended
> instantly in defeat.  This was very bad.

I agree.

Let me think..... the population votes, not the leader. So the result
of the vote is predictable (i.e. every turn you know who would win if
elections are taken).

Then the problem could be not to win the elections, but to allow the
people to vote.

Let's make an example:
you notice you would win the elections, so you call for vote.
the elections are not instant, they happen after, let's say, 3-4 turns.
you have to mantain your popularity. Or you and other people could
prevent some cities from voting - we could imagine that a city which is
being bombed, has a smaller number of voters.
other people could take over the UN.

too much complex?

> In Master of Orion, you may continue playing on after losing the
> election, but everyone will now be turned against you.  Problem is
> this won't work well in multiplayer.

i agree this is not an option
--
[Lo'oris,] Tu vabbè c'hai Genova nel sangue e sei la persona più
tirchia che abbia mai visto su un forum.

Sitoss: http://looris.ath.cx/~looris