Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12215) use a spinning circle for the focus unit

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12215) use a spinning circle for the focus unit
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:10:53 -0800

Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, Jason Short wrote:
>
>>However the problem with trident is the flag covers everything.A
>>circle or square isn't visible anywhere on the top half of the tile.
>>With trident_sheilds either one is okay but the square is a bit better.
>>If we made the flag smaller in trident (inset) the spinning square
>>should work.Or maybe trident should be replaced by trident_shields...
>

> Paint the spinning circle/square outside the tile? Does some cover up of
> other stuff really matter? The spinning thing will only partially cover
> anything up, I gather.

That would need changes to the drawing code (drawing a unit doesn't
currently go outside of the current tile) and would make things a bit
slower.  Plus it would still be underneath units on adjacent tiles.

I tried making the flags a bit smaller (24-width) and offsetting them by
(3,3) in trident.  This looked okay with the square selection and is
probably better overall (since the flags tend to cover up everything).
Maybe they should be even smaller, like shield-sized...

-jason