Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12190) next-city is too slow

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12190) next-city is too slow
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:58:56 -0800

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 10:29:31AM -0800, Jason Short wrote:

> Christian Knoke wrote:
> > Dunno whether this is related, but: when you scroll through the find city
> > list with the cursor, civclient isn't really responsive.
>
> That's unrelated but this patch fixes it (for 2.0 and dev branch).  Does
> this fix the problem?  I don't really know why the new city is centered
> at all...but since it is we can't avoid doing an update of some sort.

My report wasn't very good. I'm talking about Shift-F find city tab. I think
it *should* center the city in the map when you click on it. What I did was
select a city then scroll down with the cursor key (holding the key) which
is not very ... well it's funny seeing the map dance for 10 seconds or more
{8-:

Probably you cannot do anything about it. Anyway, your patch doesn't 'fix'
it. Ideally, the action should stop when you release the cursor key.

Christian