Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12177) city dialog too wide (was: Re: CMA / preset tab

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12177) city dialog too wide (was: Re: CMA / preset tab)
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 18:53:53 -0800

> [chrisk - Tue Feb 08 22:23:15 2005]:
>
> The city dialog exceeds now 1024px width. For your convinience, I
> attach 5
> screenshots.
>
> For me, it looks as some miss-sizing; left part of worklist tab for
> example.

The problem is the worklist dialog as you noticed. It is symmetric by
default. Making it non-symmetric would not actually solve the problem,
since it would grow to the exact same size if you put one of the long
named entries in the right in the worklist. Alternative, more complex
files should not apply to S2_0.

My advices to you are:
* Shrink or eliminate the "Bezeichnung" translation.
* See if you can trim the longest Name and Info strings. Adam Smith's
  translation for e.g. is especially long.