Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12056) ocean cities

To: andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12056) ocean cities
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 19:09:20 -0800

> [andrearo - Mon Jan 31 10:47:05 2005]:

> However, an assert is triggered. The code assumes that the city must
> belong to a continent, which I thing would not apply for ocean cities.

We can remove the assert for 2.0.  But we're not going to make any
extensive changes that may be needed to run ocean cities.  If you can
make a simple patch that allows them to work go ahead.

What you should do is test out the development branch.  So far ocean
cities have never been fixed because nobody uses them...

-jason