Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12053) Closing "State of the nation report" Window

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12053) Closing "State of the nation report" Window on X exits civclient
From: "Sebastian Roeder" <sebastian.roeder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 02:07:48 -0800

Thanks for your reply,

Egor Vyscrebentsov wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 17:24:33 -0800
> Sebastian Roeder <sebastian.roeder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the report!
>
> SR> I want to report a bug vor the latest freeciv 2.0 beta7: When I want to
> SR> close the window with the "State of the nation report" (in German:
> SR> Bericht zur Lage der Nation) by pressing the "X" in the upper riht
> SR> corner, the civclient is closed - thats very unexpected and will cause
> SR> much frustration in multiplayer games.
> SR>
> SR> I first thought it`s a gtk2 bug - but the same problem appears with
> SR> Xaw3d. I founf the bug in the latest stable release, too. If possible
> SR> all extra windows opend in the client should be tested whether they show
> SR> this strange behaviour.
>
> Well, there are TOO MANY dialogs, which tries to close client by (x) button
> in Xaw client (see PR#10756 for example), but there [should be | is] no one
> of those in GTK2 client.
> I can reproduce this (closing a client from Demographics report) for Xaw
> client,
> but _cannot_ for GTK2 client.
> Can you reproduce this? If so, can you give an additional info about it?
> (was it fullscreen or window mode, what steps you did etc).
>
> Thanks, evyscr.

Seems like I made a mistake - I thouht I compiled freeciv with gtk-2.0
client but this wasn`t the case, it was the Xaw client. Don`t know why
it doesn`t build the gtk-2 client, since I pass the gtk-2 USE-flag to it
(Gentoo Linux system). I can not unable the Xaw client, because this is
done with the X USE-flag which is needed to compile the client at all.
Without, I will only get the server. Do you know whether there can be
multible clients installed when I use --enable-xaw --enable-gtk2 or
something like that (that`s what ebuilds do, right?)

--
Ich bin mal wieder "virtuell umgezogen"! Bitte nur noch die neue
Email-Addresse <sebastian.roeder@uni-bielefeld> benutzen, weil sie für