Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12019) Effects TNG

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12019) Effects TNG
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 05:02:06 -0800

> [jdorje - Mon Jan 31 05:26:56 2005]:
>
> Here is an updated patch.

I like all your changes a lot, they make the code much cleaner.

> However I couldn't test it (which is the obvious next step) because the
> supplied effects.ruleset doesn't work:
>
> 0: sectionfile data/default/effects.ruleset doesn't contain a
> 'datafile.options' entry
>
> Aside from the lack of rulesets (and pending some testing) I'm ready to
> commit this.  However the ruleset problem is a major issue, possibly as
> much work as writing the patch itself.  The history ruleset should just
> copy the default one, but someone will have to go through and make the
> civ1 and civ2 rulesets (probably from scratch, or it could be scripted).

Oh, I see. I didn't send my new frankenconv code. I'm attaching it, and
the generated effects.ruleset files for all rulesets in this post.
Please uncompress rulesets_tng.tar.gz in the freeciv/ directory.

> BTW, we need a ruleset editor now that effects and sources are
> completely separated in the rulesets.

If this is done, it should obviously be part of Civworld.