Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12041) CMA / preset tab

To: kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12041) CMA / preset tab
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 08:15:48 -0800

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> In the CMA tab, it is not obvious how to make a preset active.  When you
> single-click on one it gets highlighted.  There is no "make active" or
> "set current" button, so one could assume that just highlighting it
> makes it active.  Instead it must be double-clicked.  I think people
> might find that confusing.
>
> Also, I don't think it should be possible to make more than one preset
> have the same name.

Fixing this properly is hard. So I have an idea for an intermediate fix.
The currently active preset should get a different text style so there is
more user feedback.

Regarding not enabling more than one preset with the same name, that would
require adding strings which can only be done for 2.1.x.

---