Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12009) Beta7 Bugs on WinXP

To: s1kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12009) Beta7 Bugs on WinXP
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:36:30 -0800

> [s1kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx - Tue Jan 25 17:02:19 2005]:
>
> Keyboard issues - arrow key definitions have been removed is causing a
> usability problem for me on my laptop.  My laptop (Thinkpad 600E) doesn't
> have a separate numeric/movement pad.  Therefore, please put the default
> behavior back for direction movement keys to include both numeric and
real
> arrow keys.

But the arrow keys never allowed you to move units!

There does need to be some way other than the number pad to have
keyboard control of unit movement.  Currently I think it's by using the
number keys (same ones as on the numberpad, but on the main keyboard
instead).  Better keys would be nice but remember many keys are already
in use.

-jason