Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11996) incomplete manpage

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11996) incomplete manpage
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 23:48:59 -0800

I'm committing these manpages, because they're clearly an improvement.

However I think there are some things that could be improved further:

- Some grammar isn't perfect (esp. missing periods and sentence fragments).

- No mention of bugs@xxxxxxxxxxx for bug reporting.

- The list of environment variables is incomplete.  To find a full list
you'd probably have to examine the code (searching the .c files for
"getenv").  Most such variables apply to server and client.

- It mentions /usr/local/share/freeciv/scenarios/.  We *could* have this
string (and other path-specific ones) be accurate, by using a
civserver.in and @DATADIR@ (or something like that).

-jason