Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12006) Adding humans

To: dna3e8@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12006) Adding humans
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:24:57 -0800

> [dna3e8@xxxxxxxxx - Tue Jan 25 02:36:31 2005]:
>
> i have set up seveal gmaes, with ai toggle on...
> a couple ai players...
> ect.
> So that a game can start and people can join as on of the Ai....
> i didi this in vesion 1 and every thing worked...
> in Bata 6 I set it up this way, thay try to connect (using just the
> username, the humon would replace the Ai)
> in bata 6 i have to uset the take command 9wich i don't always have
> right to use)
> the server then says Ai so-and-so is now under humon control....
> however They never actually enter the came (there client just quits
> out) and the server swiches them back to AI...
>
> I'm a novoice at linux...
> But I'm glad to sumit any other information that would be needed to
> solve this bug....
> thank you very much.

This bug is not known.  I can't reproduce it (and valgrind shows no
warnings).

To give us a useful report on linux, first do "ulimit -c unlimited"
before running the game.  After it crashes, you should be left with a
file "core".  Run "gdb civclient core" on it, then (inside gdb) "bt
full".  Send the output.

-jason