Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11824) Crashing bug

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11824) Crashing bug
From: "neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 17:34:51 -0800

Jason Short wrote:

>neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>><cid:part1.03060409.03030209@twistedsquare.com>Hi,
>>
>>Another bug report for you guys.  Load the attached savegame in
>>civclient, and take control of Bavarian_Mr_Hedge.  Tell the one Engineer
>>with a movement point (it will be highlighted of course) to build a
>>railroad, then press end turn.  The game will do nothing for about three
>>seconds, then declare that the connection to the server is lost, and
>>stop that game, leaving an empty civserver.rpt file.  I had this problem
>>in beta5 but it is still present in beta6.  I have no clue as to what
>>caused it, as the game played fine up until that point.
>>
>>My machine (if it matters) is Windows XP SP2 (with firewall activated,
>>but that has not been a problem during the countless other hours I've
>>been playing Freeciv).
>>
>>Good luck finding the bug,
>>

>I don't see the crash nor is any memory error reported.
>
>-jason

Hmmm that's odd.  It's a crash every time on mine (to be more specific,
the server seems to crash with an empty .rpt file, while the client
lives on to complain that the server has died).  Is there anything I can
do to help replicate the bug?  I will have a play around tomorrow to see
if I can isolate what is causing it.

Neil.