Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11772) Bug Report - Client Crash, and continues to cra

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11772) Bug Report - Client Crash, and continues to crash on reconnection attempts.
From: "Adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 21:39:29 -0800

Version: 2.0.0-beta5
OS: Fedora Core 3

Civclient will suddenly crash during a LAN game, and attempts to reconnect
will also crash, with the error message:

0: tech "None": requires itself
civclient: tech.c:115: build_required_techs_helper: Assertion `0' failed.
Aborted

If there is console output for the first crash, it has not been caught.

A google search turned up only this thread, not sure if it's relevant to the
current problem, but the same code appears to be involved (and the patch
provided in that thread appears to include the very assertion that is
failing).
http://lists.complete.org/freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx/2003/02/msg00713.html.gz

There is also the recently posted bug #11764, which sounds similar to this
one. I actually already posted in response to that posting (I was not aware
of the bugs@xxxxxxxxxxx email yet).

--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on
your computer."