Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: next beta

Cc: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: next beta
From: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 11:07:12 -0500

Andreas Røsdal wrote:
On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Jason Dorje Short wrote:

Maybe Thursday.  Any forgotten-about bugs to be fixed before then?

Maybe PR#8818 can be looked at again?

To summarize it: change the fog of war to darken the whole tile,
instead of making every other tile black. This causes flickering when
sliding the map on an LCD montor.

Whoa, is that still a problem? I've heard of one isolated bug report about it but I thought that was unrelated.

Take a look at this screenshot of Civ3 fog of war, for an example:
http://img.gamershell.com/imagefolio/gallery/Strategy/Civilization_3/tanks.jpg

No way we can use alpha-level drawing for 2.0. Doing it for 2.1 will be hard enough, since none of the clients (including the GTK client) are in any way set up for it.

-jason