Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11237) assertion in attribute.c - cannot join to g

To: lukasz@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11237) assertion in attribute.c - cannot join to game
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:38:28 -0800

maHo wrote:

> again, do you think freeciv with this patch is stable enough to apply
> this patch in distribution rpm by default, or it's only workaround?

It is only a workaround.  But the only time is causes things to be
different is in a situation where the program was going to crash anyway.
  So it should be stable enough to include.

The only questionable part is the error message.  An error in the
"attributes" may not be a CMA error; it could be a global worklist error
instead (or an error in an attribute added in the future).  But I
thought that error message was more likely to be useful to the average user.

jason