Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11163) Xaw I18N patch

To: vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11163) Xaw I18N patch
From: "Egor Vyscrebentsov" <evyscr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:31:11 -0800

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:37:58 -0800
Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

VASC> > [jdorje - Tue Nov 23 22:02:48 2004]:
VASC> >
VASC> > In fact it doesn't work for me.  Both Polish and Hungarian nations have
VASC> > their leader names drawn incorrectly in the nation selection dialog.
VASC>
VASC> I mistakenly patched Freeciv instead of Freeciv.in. Try this patch
instead.

I have made some testings with this patch (using ru_RU.KOI8-R and ru_RU.UTF-8
locales).

Tests were under IceWM in ru_RU.KOI8-R, koi8 version was started from xterm,
utf-8 version
was started from uxterm.
Another utf-8 version was started in WindowMaker in ru_RU.UTF-8 locale.

Seems, this patch doesn't break any thing (including not so good) with koi8-r
locale. Only thing
changed is autoguess of font (which i set before by `-- -xrm "Freeciv*.font:
6x13"` parameter).

With utf-8 locale i got proper strings in every place. It fully fixes the case
of having
non-ascii chars in leaders and cities names (in koi8 full string in window is
broken when
there is one non-ascii [and non-koi8] character, and you are not allowed to use
this chars
in names).
The only thing, is that i can't get translated window titles in client started
from utf-8 locale
in koi8 localed WM. I just have empty titles (except for main "Freeciv" which
is untranslated).
(This problem was in both koi-localed IceWM and WindowMaker with utf-8 located
civclient.
In utf-8 localed WindowMaker i got proper titles)
There was no any other problems found.

I vote for commiting this patch in both branches (ASAP).

Thanks, evyscr.