Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10073) gtk2 conndlg: aifill and aifill conflict

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mstefek@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10073) gtk2 conndlg: aifill and aifill conflict
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 20:40:50 -0800

> [vasc - Fri Nov 26 15:17:39 2004]:
>
> Like I said before, the only way to fix this is to change the code
> so the server *always* sends variable updates to the client. This
> probably requires a protocol change.

Is it possible to simply stop the automatic resetting of server
variables if civclient is invoked with the -r option?  AFAIK, the
resetting of aifill and AI skill level is for the benefit of new
players.  Those who use a startup script presumably know what they are
doing.  (Or so we hope.)

Now that I think about it, is it really necessary to reset those two
variables?  Why don't we just change the default and be done with it?

Mike Jing