Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11133) Bug: wake up other units on tile

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11133) Bug: wake up other units on tile
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 00:07:13 -0800

> [chrisk - Sun Nov 21 20:09:03 2004]:
>

> CVS 21 NOV 2004 S2 GTK2
>
> <shift>-W command does not work for a unit, when there are no sentried
units
> on tile at first, but you change some fortified unit to sentried in city
> dialog while the unit is blinking.

This is a problem to fix.

In theory we should reset the menus every time just about anything
happens.  However this would probably be slow.

What we need instead is a queue_menu_update() function.  This will call
(in gtk) a gtk_idle_add() so that menus are updated just once for every
series of packets received.  In particular we probably don't want to
update menus in between turns even if the focus unit changes.

The same is true for report dialog updates.  This would be a much easier
solution than the current freeze/thaw method.

And also for left panel updates.

And also...hmm, well maybe that's it.

jason