Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11103) Freeciv freezes and/or goes crazy

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11103) Freeciv freezes and/or goes crazy
From: "lari.lohikoski@xxxxxx" <lari.lohikoski@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 03:57:11 -0800

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 14:52:58 -0800, Jason Short
<jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > [lari.lohikoski@xxxxxx - Sat Nov 20 15:41:57 2004]:
> > I have attached here two saved games from the latest beta 4 of
> > Freeciv, which I just today compiled for linux.
> >
> > civgame-3000.sav.gz contains a game where trying to "hurry production"
> > and buy settlers immediately causes freeciv to freeze. This happens
> > with both of the towns.
> When the server or client freezes, can you "killall -SEGV civserver" (or
> civclient) and get a backtrace with gdb?

"Freeze" probably wasn't exactly correct word to describe the problem.
Freeciv didn't become completely unresponsive, I was able to switch
between windows (and they updated correctly), but I was unable to
close the city dialog and could only kill the client.

Yesterday I was able to reproduce the behaviour many times, but not
any more. Now Freeciv works just as it should. I have rebooted in
between, so that has done something..

However, the problem with my other saved game, freeciv-2900 still persists.

> What platform are you using?

$ cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.8-1-k7 (dilinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) (gcc version
3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-2)) #1 Thu Nov 11 12:47:56 EST 2004

Is there some other information you need?

  Lari

--
Lari Lohikoski
email:lari.lohikoski@xxxxxx