Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10889) xaw: no confirmation dialog for targeted re

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10889) xaw: no confirmation dialog for targeted revolutions
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 10:55:44 -0800

Egor Vyscrebentsov wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 10:22:26 -0800
> Jason Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>Egor Vyscrebentsov wrote:
>>
>>>Attached patch shows confirmation dialog when player has no
>>>revolution.
>>>
>>>One problem - next turn after revolution finished it does not
>>>show this dialog. Two (or more) turns ater finish it does.
>>>Civserver debug log shows that revolution_finishes is -1, however...
>
> skipped
>
>>I think you're doing the wrong thing.  There isn't supposed to be a
>>popup at the end of the revolution.  There's just supposed to be a
>>confirmation popup at the beginning of the revolution.  The "Really
>>start revolution?" popup should be shown whether the player chooses a
>>government or not.
>
> This is a problem with showing dialog _after clicking on government menu item_
> (change to government) next turn your previous revolution ended.
> So new revolution started without confirmation.

I don't see the problem.  In a game with revolen set to 5:

- Start untargeted revolution.
- End turn 5 times.
- You get a message telling you to choose a government.
- Choose despotism: it is chosen immediately.
- Start a new revolution: it starts.
- Choose despotism: it is chosen immediately.
- Start a new revolution: it starts.
- End turn.
- Again you get the message telling you to choose a gov.
- Choose despotism: it is chosen immediately.
- Start a new revolution: it starts.
- Choose despotism: it is chosen immediately.

I see no problems here.

This is with the development version.  Maybe S2_0 differs but I doubt it.

jason