Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9552) Bug: Air units sentry

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9552) Bug: Air units sentry
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 10:08:44 -0800

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 09:29:52AM -0800, Jason Short wrote:

> > > Indeed.
> > >
> > > I thought of just changing the client to not let it do this.  But on
> > > reflection I think we can just have this as a game rule: units are not
> > > allowed to sentry or remain sentried on tiles that they will die on.

> > Missiles on submarines and airplanes on carriers are not and cannot be
> > sentried (they most probably were in the savegame).
>
> Yeah, can_unit_survive_at_tile ignores whether the unit is transported.
>  Which I should have known.  Here is a patch that fixes it.

Yes, sentry works now.

> > Unload command is possible, but with no result.
> >
> > Load is not possible.
>
> Now that is odd.  Are you sure?

Ok, we have an auto load/unload here. Which makes it impossible to select
the air units to load on a transporter. I have to move them away to unload
and make a spare place for another one. Maybe ok. But when I have more than
1 transporter on a tile, I'm probably stuck.

The menue item unload is still selectable, and the 'load' never is.

> > Missiles can live on a carrier.
>
> Isn't that the way it's supposed to be?

Ehm, this must have changed, you're correct.

Christian