Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10913) option interface bugs

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10913) option interface bugs
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 12:40:50 -0800

Christian Knoke wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 11:55:40AM -0800, Jason Short wrote:
>
>>>chris: 'set notradesize 1'
>>>/set: notradesize must be always smaller than fulltradesize; keeping old
>>>value.
>>>chris: 'set fulltradesize 4'
>>>fulltradesize auf 4 gesetzt.
>>
>>But doing it the other way would also be wrong if you set fulltradesize
>>to be smaller than notradesize (which is admittedly much less likely).
>
> But this is an illegal setting anyway; there is no problem with it, because
> the civclient AFAICS transfers all options at the same time, after the user
> has quitted the dialog.

* /set fulltradesize 8
* /set notradesize 4
(popup options dialog, set fulltradesize back to 1 and notradesize to 0)

   /set: fulltradesize must be always larger than notradesize; keeping
   old value

> We might consider to change the error handling in the server, to cut
> notradesize down to fulltradesize in this case, though.
>
> But the best is to control this in the dialog.

Another option I didn't mention is to make setting of options atomic.
Maybe like

  /set notradesize 0 fulltradesize 1

so the server is able to do checking on the combined final values.
However this wouldn't be particularly easy.  It *would* make multiplayer
voting a lot easier though.

jason