Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10913) option interface bugs

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10913) option interface bugs
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 11:55:40 -0800

Christian Knoke wrote:

> CVS 06 NOV 2004 S2 GTK2
>
> The option dialog for local games uses the wrong order to set (transfer) the
> options
> to the server. It sends the 'notradesize' option before the 'fulltradesize'
> option. This gives the following output:
>
> chris: 'set notradesize 1'
> /set: notradesize must be always smaller than fulltradesize; keeping old
> value.
> chris: 'set fulltradesize 4'
> fulltradesize auf 4 gesetzt.

But doing it the other way would also be wrong if you set fulltradesize
to be smaller than notradesize (which is admittedly much less likely).

We could reorder the settings to get "better" behavior.  This is a big
hack.  Or we could send each setting twice.  This is also a big hack.
Or we could disable pregame checking of notradesize and fulltradesize
and change the runtime code to handle invalid combinations.

I'd say the first method is best for S2_0 and the last method for the
development branch.

> Also, I cannot find the *tradesize options in the client option dialogs
> (after the game has started).

It's not in "server options" or "server options initial".  Very odd.

"Server options initial" should be removed.  The server options dialog
should show all options but unsettable ones just shouldn't be settable.

jason