Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10835) Trieme navigation

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10835) Trieme navigation
From: "Ed Earl Ross" <edearl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 18:08:43 -0800

You have put some nice features into trieme navigation, but it needs to
be tuned.

It is not possible to lead a Trieme into the ocean with  the mouse using
the Go command. At first this confused me, until I leaned the arrow keys
would move into the ocean.  A one-time information pop-up telling to use
the arrow keys would be helpful.

It should be possible to move a trieme one grid square into open ocean,
but not two or more. Usually, a person wants to move back to land, but
allow one to move further from land after moving one grid
away--stupidity should be fatal.

When one sees a foreign border, but cannot see the foreign land, with a
mouse it is not possible to lead a Trieme to the foreign land--it should
be possible.