Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10734) SVG flags

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10734) SVG flags
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:23:55 -0700

Also take a look at
http://rt.freeciv.org/Ticket/Attachment/72620/49971/full.png which
includes old and new versions of the flags.  It includes two sizes:
width==28 which is used by trident and isotrident, and width==20 which
is used by tinydent.  A few of the old flags are left out - I don't
really know why but I guess imagemagick couldn't deal handle them properly.

There are only a few flags that are substantially different:

- Iraq, Vietnam: we had the "historic" flag but I've inserted the modern
flag (just because I didn't know any better).  The historic flag is also
available however.  Note that the iraq flag has tag and filename
"iraq_old" which may become inaccurate.

- Catalan: pretty much the same thing.  The "new" catalan flag has
horizontal rather than vertical stripes.  But since Catalan is a
"historic" nation we are probably better off with the old flag here.

- Rwanda and Armenia: the flags differ quite a bit.  I don't know why.

- Mordor, Dunedain, Hobbits: since these flags were made anew from
scratch they differ.

jason