Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10717) Incomplete Redraw in City Report

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10717) Incomplete Redraw in City Report
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 09:40:28 -0700

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Christian Knoke wrote:

> Hello,
>
> this is now for several months, not sure if it has been mentioned before.
>
> When opening the city report, then change the sorting by city size, the
> window is not redrawn completely, which looks bad and is irritating.
>
> The attached PNG shows the window, after I hovered with the mouse over it,
> partially. So, obviously, when you trigger a redraw by other means (GUI)
> everything looks nice again.
>
> In one case (just after start), I also saw that the not actually redrawn
> part of the next was in german, which may give you a hint where this bug
> comes from (or not).

This is probably a GTK+ library bug. Did you get it after you upgraded
your OS? I have seen all sorts of issues with labels and text in early
2.4.x versions. Perhaps later 2.4.x versions fix it. The most recent
version is 2.4.13. If upgrading the library doesn't fix it, this needs to
be reported to the GTK+ development team.

---