Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10518) hostname and ping times are not always shown

To: awaris@xxxxxxxxx, per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10518) hostname and ping times are not always shown
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:47:38 -0700

The bug is rather severe.

Ping times (and host times presumably, but I didn't look at them) are
tracked per connection.  The server pings each connection and finds the
pingtime.  Then it sends a list of these ping times to the client.

But the client doesn't know about all connections.  The client knows all
about _players_, but only sometimes does it know about connections.  If
you connect to the same server with two players and start the game, one
player will know about the connection of the other player, but the other
player won't know about the connection of the first player.  Both
players of course know about their own connections.

This is probably a bug in the server.  But I have little idea where.

jason