Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10591) window is too large for uranus topologies

To: mstefek@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10591) window is too large for uranus topologies
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:01:36 -0700

Jason Short wrote:

> Mateusz Stefek wrote:

>>>[jdorje - Tue Oct 19 07:11:54 2004]:

>>>If you find a good maximum height (pixels) for the overview we can limit
>>>the tile size based on that.  This patch limits the height to
>>>"approximately" 120 pixels.
>>>
>>>jason
>>
>>I'm not talking about overview. I mean map view (main view). Try
>>isotrrident with topology = 2. The chat window is too short and it
>>cannot be resized.
>

> The map view is fixed size at the beginning.  However if the overview is
> too tall, the mapview will be made taller to match.  The mapview must be
> as tall as the overview plus the info panel plus the unit panel.

However I should add: traditionally the map is 80x50, with a 2x2
overview.  This meant a 160x120 overview.  However the logic in the
patch will make the overview still be much taller than that.  With a
50x80 map it would be 160 pixels high.  With a 80x120 map it would be
240 pixels high.  So 120 may be too big for a number here: perhaps 80 or
so would be better.

jason