Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10601) fregatte attack/defense changing request

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10601) fregatte attack/defense changing request
From: "Horn Gábor" <Horn.Gabor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 17:07:11 -0700

Hi!

I've just seen the changelog of 2.0, and have to say i'm VERY happy
about the improvements. Only one thing which i miss is the question of
fregattes, which became very dominant in 1.14. We talked about it much
in the ingame chats, and some posts on the forum mentioned too that
change the 4/2 (attack/defense) to 3/3 would be good for teh game
balance.

This would remove the video-game effect from the fregatte fights (a
player w/ low ping or lower reaction time has a huge handicap in
fregatte wars - and most of the duels gets decided in the fregatte era),
and would make fregatte wars more fair.

What do you think?

bye, hirisov