Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10415) segfault in map_distance_vector() called from

To: marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10415) segfault in map_distance_vector() called from ... ai_hunter_manage()
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 23:22:20 -0700

> [marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx - Sun Oct 03 07:59:35 2004]:
>

>   This segfault happens in year 2020 with attached autogame, but only if
> game is not saved before (see #10359) I only tested saveturns=1, though.
> Freeciv version is "CVS Oct 2 08:31 EEST"

From the backtrace I don't see how this could happen without memory
corruption.  In the call to real_map_distance tile0 and tile1 are equal,
however in the call to map_distance_vector tile1 is changed to "2".

I'd like to see the results of this autogame under valgrind but my
computer would take forever to get to year 2020.  If someone can run
this and see what you get (you probably want to see if you can reproduce
the original bug first) I'd like to see the output.

This is not the same as the other reported bug in this ticket.  We
should try to separate these into different tickets in the future.

jason