Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10308) PATCH: New startpos option and rational con

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10308) PATCH: New startpos option and rational control of generators
From: "Marcelo Burda" <mburda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 04:46:18 -0700

Le sam 02/10/2004 à 12:56, Per I. Mathisen a écrit :

> On Sat, 2 Oct 2004, Marcelo Burda wrote:
> > HOTO for these guys than want play deprecated generator:
> > to get old generator 3
> > set generator 3
> > set startpos 1 (one player per isle)
> +         N_("1 = Full random height map based generator    [4] (old gen1)
> \n"
> +            "2 = Pseudo-fractal height map based generator [3] (old gen5)
> \n"
> +            "3 = Deprecated islands based generator        [1] (old
> gen2-4)\n"
> +            "(Zero indicates a scenario map.)\n"
> +            "Notes: generator 3 generate \"fairer\" (but more boring)
> maps.\n"
> +            "numbers in [] are default value for startpos"
>
> Generator 3 is deprecated?? Absolutely no way. Having fair maps is an
> essential part of the game.
Deprecated has it not do a hmap first, we has working to gen-terrains
for mapgen, i think to rm or remplace this generator when we find a good
way to get fair maps! until that this generator rimains in game. one of
my important todo is to create a good hmap generator to remplace islands
based one.

this code do some part of work searching as fair as posible to place
start pos for all maps. now you can get one player per isle in generator
1! (this stell need some tuning for fairnes, any way)

i can rm the Deprecated word if you like

> And while I'm on the topic of maps, I want the fuzzy edge poles back. The
> last few maps I've seen had two-tile width poles, and that is ugly.

i am corrected, at last partially, this in one patch, anyway this one
does nothing about poles. but in iso view 2 tiles poles is unavoidable
has the polar borders is in "zig-zag".

i get your comment in my head i will see it in tuning times.
>   - Per

Has you any other comment? something is good in this patch?

Marcelo