Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10245) gen-movement

To: marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10245) gen-movement
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 00:06:24 -0700

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Marko Lindqvist wrote:
> Instead of couple of hard coded movement types (LAND, SEA, AIR, HELI +
> to be implemented AMPHIBIOUS) it would be nice to have ruleset defined
> movement properties.

Why? Are you thinking abot units that can move up rivers, can't move over
mountains, and stuff like that? The current movement types are heavily
used in the AI (and to much lesser extent in the server), and we should be
careful not to generalize the server faster than we can improve the AI to
match.

  - Per