Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10126) Add factory requirements to power plants

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10126) Add factory requirements to power plants
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:19:08 -0700

Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Sep 2004, Marko Lindqvist wrote:

>>Per I. Mathisen wrote:
>>
>>>The only
>>>effect you get without a Factory is the environmental benefit, from hydro
>>>plant or a nuclear plant only. However, I do not think it makes much sense
>>>to get this benefit without a Factory, either.
>>
>>  What this means for Hoover Dam? It's still giving environmental
>>benefit even for cities without Factories.
>>
>>  But wait, you disallowed only construction of plants in cities without
>>Factories. One still gets environmental effect if Factory is later
>>destroyed?

This is fixable in buildings.ruleset.  The effect should only be active
if a factory is present.  Or probably the effect should be split 50-50
among factory and mfg plant.  Patch wanted.  And, how should this be
done for civ2 and civ1?

> I do not think applying these sorts of build restructions on power plants
> is very useful.

You mean it should be possible to build a power plant without a factory?
  There's no strong reason to make it impossible but it is a bit cleaner.

jason