Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10124) PATCH: new generator 1, hmap generator (1,5

To: mburda@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#10124) PATCH: new generator 1, hmap generator (1,5) mv to height_map.[ch]
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:34:02 -0700

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Marcelo Burda wrote:
> > >/**********************************************************************
> > > Freeciv - Copyright (C) 2004 - Marcelo J. Burda
> > > +         Copyright (C) 2002 - Karen Yeats for make_pseudofractal_hmap
> > >   This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
> > >   it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
> > >   the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option)
> >
> > Can we just make this "2004 - The Freeciv Project" like all the other
> > new files we've added?
> >
> > jason
> >

> Why not?! this is more easy tan see for real autor of any part of code i
> will move!

Because people do not update the copyright header whenever they add or
change code. It will sometimes be the case that very little or no code
remains from the original author of the file who is credited in the
header, while more influencial authors are not credited at all. And
updating the copyright header whenever big stuff is changed is just dumb.
Then most headers would be really long. That's what we have the ChangeLog
for.

  - Per