Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10015) "Game: " messages

To: mstefek@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10015) "Game: " messages
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 18:02:25 -0700

> [mstefek - Fri Sep 10 08:39:52 2004]:
>
> Why do we use "Game:" prefix?
> It is confusing for me.

This used to be helpful to distinguish in-game server messages from
chats (from other players) and out-of-game server messages (generated by
server commands, for instance).

But now we have meta-data that should be able to distinguish these
messages.  And if we need more distinction we can add more meta-data.
If we want a "Game" prefix it should be done by the client.  But
probably it would be better to distinguish these by color or something.

See if you can find anything in the docs or CVS history to explain why
it's used.

jason