Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9852) Save games & logs go to wrong directory

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9852) Save games & logs go to wrong directory
From: "Marko Lindqvist" <marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 05:09:57 -0700

  Since #8677 changed working directory for games satrted by ./ser
-script to be top_srcdir, also saved games and logfile go there. Not
good at all.
  1. It took me some time to find my savegames when they were not in
builddir where I run ./ser.
  2. Games running from different builddirs mess with each others
savegames and logs! User can 'set savename' for each instance, but
probably will not unless (s)he is aware of this problem. And one can't
do anything for logfiles with hardcoded names.

  I think that best thing to do would be going back to setting
FREECIV_PATH. To avoid #8677 problems we should check if it's previously
unset and if so, provide default paths ( '.' and '~/.freeciv') in it
too. Ugly and hackish solution, yes, but only one I see capable of
solving all related problems.

  - Caz