Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9847) Can't login

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9847) Can't login
From: "Alexander Saers" <alex@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 04:04:08 -0700

Hi

First of all i have to say thanx for a great game :).

We are some people that has a server that we play freeciv games on. The server
is a gentoo box that recently has been synced with the latest updates. On the
server we play games with one turn a day rounds.

Now to the problem. I discoverd recently that one of the game that we have
been playing rejects me from loging in. The civclient crashes when trying to
do so leaving this message

1: Plugin esd found but can't be initialized.
2: LANGUAGE="c"
audio_alsa: no cards found!
civclient: attribute.c:237: unserialize_hash: Assertion `inserted' failed.
Aborted

The only thing i could think of that has changed is that i started to use CMA.
Could this be the reason. I have managed to login from a windows machine
cause it pops up a dialog that says the same thing about attribute.c but let
me choose if i want to abort, retry or ignore..

Please help, i dont want to lose the game that we started in October 2003 :)

Keep on hacking
/Alexander