Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] [Fwd: Re: Re: (PR#8164) building out of a builddir: genera

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] [Fwd: Re: Re: (PR#8164) building out of a builddir: generate_packets.py]
From: "Marko Lindqvist" <marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 11:45:46 -0700

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8164) building out of a builddir:
generate_packets.py
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 14:25:04 +0300
From: Marko Lindqvist <marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: rt@xxxxxxxxxxx

Jason Short wrote:
> Marko Lindqvist wrote:
>>-AM_CPPFLAGS = -I../intl -I$(top_srcdir)/utility -I$(srcdir)/aicore
>>+AM_CPPFLAGS = -I../intl -I$(top_srcdir)/utility -I$(srcdir)/aicore -I-
>>-I$(top_builddir)
>
> At the least, something like this needs an explanatory comment.

  It's highly likely that -I- is gcc specific anyway...

  So this would at least require configure time check if preprocessor
accepts -I- and put it into AM_CPPFLAGS only if test success. Then
everything works for gcc, but other compilers cannot be used to compile
from separate builddir. Is this acceptable limitation? I'm not sure if
other compilers can be used with separate builddir at all, but neither
I'm aware of any limitations that would prevent that.

  - Caz