Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9621) Not enough starting positions

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#9621) Not enough starting positions
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 08:47:47 -0700

Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:

> 5438 might be able to help

Interesting, but I think that's a separate problem.  Several lines below
where the assertion happens is where the starting positions are actually
allocated, and here there is a die() with lots of logging for the
(previously common) situation where there's not enough room.

In this crash, though, there are not enough island "starters".  I have
no idea how island starters are determined but I would have thought this
to be impossible.

We probably need to find out the map generator and seed and other info
to be able to reproduce this.  This means going onto pubserver and using
gdb I think (the core file and all other stuff is saved, but is
generally not usable on a different machine).

jason