Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8394) Another stab at diplomacy

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#8394) Another stab at diplomacy
From: "Com013" <kg.guests@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 02:05:48 -0700

Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> Notice how server votes and diplomacy are handled within a single turn.

Why is this necessary?

I would like the meeting dialog popping up automatically, but instead
you can see a diplomat with the other player's flag.
When you click on the diplomat (where can we put it? How about adding a
toolbar?) you can see the dialog just as usual. You can close the dialog
without cancelling the meeting and later get it back by clicking on the
diplomat again.

When the other player changes something at the treaty or accepts it
while you do not have the dialog open, the diplomat button should be
changed - maybe add a plus to it (the diplomat is "transporting" new
infotmations ;-) ).

This would just require changing the client while the gameplay could
stay the same.

  - David Kolf ("Com013")