Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6578) Suggestion: limitations on technology transfer

To: chris@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6578) Suggestion: limitations on technology transfer
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 04:41:37 -0700

For DB: We suggest to implement this. It should apply to tech exchange,
stealing, conquering, and huts.

But this gives an information leak with diplomacy. By restricting tech
exchange to only first-to-acquire techs opponents can estimate the
complete tech tree. To resolve this, we suggest this rule change:

- Exchanging techs in a meeting requires two embassies.

GUI implementation for tech exchange may include a number after the
tech, giving the number of technolgies that are simultaniously
transferred with the choosen one. We'd prefer this over the need to
handle a confirmation dialog.

Christian

--
http://cknoke.de