Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8959) remove CAR_DIR_D[XY]

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8959) remove CAR_DIR_D[XY]
From: "Marcelo Burda" <mburda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:27:26 -0700

> > G.
> >
> > P.S. I still remain very sceptical about new topologies such as
hex or
> > quincical.  I think there are more worthy issues to be dealt with.
>
> Yup. Quincuntial is nowhere close to being viable as it still breaks
> number of longstanding rules (like showing duplicate tiles)
associated
..
> Cheers
> RossW
> =====

Hi friends, i see you are thinking about me, nice ;-)

Ross, Quincuncial has only one big dificult, the conical syngularities
and you as say me the solution to it, forbide the zone near these ugly
singularities. and this solution is ok.
for the litles maps that can be no viable but for the medium and biger
ones there is perfect.
i can make art-projection of real Earth with this solution then i am
happy.

Quincuncial code is old date but i will return when time allow me. One
day we go speak about the best way to implement it, but viablility and
playabiliti is ok. Roos you speak about it at all moments, as-you news
ideas?

Ha! about this post i am not read too much, i am no comments.

Best regards and a happy summer
 Marcelo