Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9005) MacOSX 1.14.0: 6MB Binary build from fink (teste

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#9005) MacOSX 1.14.0: 6MB Binary build from fink (testers needed)
From: "Erik Johansson" <admerik@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 08:31:21 -0700

ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/freeciv-1.14.0-MacOSX.tar.bz2
this is a 6MB Binary build from fink... which I smacked together  for a Lan we
had recently,
people hate to download fink just to play freeciv. Is it of any  interest? What
I need is testers,
could this archive be added to the download archive?  This asumes you don't
have fink
installed, if so it might destroy your fink installation.

I thought this might be a good idea to share, since I have heard about othe
people who
where lost about what to download to play freeciv. Now as I said, uptil this
moment I have
been present at every install of this so there couldn't be any problems.

This is taken directly from fink so you will have to move the directory to the
root, you will
also need to install X11 from Apple. And then write /sw/bin/civclient, in the
xterm that
comes up, to start the client.

Howto install and run freeciv:

1. Installing X11 on MacOSX
   * Pick up "Mac OS X Panther Install Disc 3" CD, go to "/Packages" folder and
 install
"X11.pkg" package.
   * Download from http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/x11/download/ (41.7MB)

2. Installing freeciv
 * extract the archive
 * use the console to move the directory to / "move ./sw /"

3. Start X11
4. Type /sw/bin/civclient  form the xterm that shows up.