Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6729) First tech race for a "civIII profile"

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6729) First tech race for a "civIII profile"
From: "Marcelo Burda" <mburda@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 02:33:54 -0700

> [i-freeciv-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Dim. Nov. 02 18:13:56 2003]:
>
> On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 02:10:30AM -0800, Marcelo Burda wrote:
> >
> > In civIII civilizations begin with 2 tech and a profile (spetials
> unit and some bonus)
> > there are 21 profile Convinatory(2,7)=21 but we love begin at
> techlevel 0 and eqals!
> >
> > my idea, if a player find his first tech, and choise the second
> nobody else can get the some (if # of
> > player are less tan 21 !) and it get imediate a civilization profile
> defined by this 2 first tech and
> > his spetials units and bonus.
> > then news unit are spetials one (if aplicable) and it eventualy can
> upgrade the standar one)
> >
> > very nice if we can sold unit to alied (i sold my uniq asteca
> warrior to my alies ;-) )
> >
> > very nice theches racers in begin of the game to get the profile
> desired first
> > an oter nice idea all player begins as barbarian until get his
> profile, then his get a real civilization
> > name!(some civilization name reserved for some profiles(21
> fundamentals one as civ3 defined)
> > (
> > Nr=number of real player
> > Nai= ai player
> > N=Nr+Nai
> > if N<=21 only one time profiles
> > esleif N<42 and Nr only one time profiles for real player and only 1
> time profile ai players
> > etc
> > )
>
> Please take a look at this thread
> http://lists.complete.org/freeciv-
> dev@xxxxxxxxxxx/2002/07/msg00114.html.gz.
donne

>       Raimar

My idea is basically all players begin in a archaic periode of
civilization live. (players not get spetial name or flag, probably a
auto temp one), the choice of a flag, and eventually civilization bonus
is made after somethin, construc someting, research someting, wing a
batle. the first player can choice the best civilization.
eventually the choice can be different, if we palace is constructed at
pole we can get a spetial polar civilization, if the pacae is contructed
 near the pole and near sea, we can eventually choice viking , if the
civilization is the first to get a citi of a another you can get some
specifc cilization . etc, etc)
this need to rewrite some part of the game: create temporary arcaic
civilizations and pospose the choice to later, i need your opinion befor
working.
note, i think the archaic period can have a limited tech. but this is
not the more dificult think.