Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2004:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8824) how alliance (giving cities) affects ranking

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#8824) how alliance (giving cities) affects ranking
From: "A.fell" <a.fell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 10:33:55 -0700

If I exchange technologies with another player, it is recognized as an alliance
in the calculation
of the new ranking. I realized that if a player ONLY gives cities to another
player, it is NOT
recognized by the ranking algorithm and does not affect the ranking. I do not
think that was the
intention when the new ranking algorithm was written.

I think that giving cities should be "punished" harder than exchanging
technologies when the ranking
is calculated. I do believe it is misused in some games, where just
mysteriously one player gives
all the cities to another player and leaves the game. It is in my opinion very
rare that it is a
good strategy to exchange a city for something else.

Best wishes,

A.fell